Tifway 419 was developed by the University of Georgia’s plant breeder and geneticist Dr. Glenn Burton and released in 1960.
It was selected and tested cooperatively by the University of Georgia, U.S. Department of Agriculture and both the U.S. and Southern Golf Associations.
Tifway 419 Bermuda lawns are drought-tolerant and withstand drought by going into dormancy until sufficient rainfall or irrigation resumes.
Tifway 419 Bermuda turfgrass is more weed resistant than most bermuda grasses by exhibiting dense growth and when properly maintained, competes with the presence of many turf weeds.
– Hampton Roads’s premier sod installation service
– High quality turf and grass varieties grown in perfect soil conditions
– Experienced professionals who know the best way to install your sod
– Cost effective solutions that save time and money
– Professionally maintained lawns that look beautiful all year long
– Quick turnaround from start to finish so you can enjoy your new lawn sooner
Low Maintenance Grass – Tifway 419
If you’re looking for a low maintenance option for your lawn, Tifway 419 Bermuda grass may be the way to go. This variety of grass is known for its ability to withstand heavy foot traffic and heat, making it a popular choice for sports fields and golf courses. But what sets Tifway 419 apart from other types of grass is its lower mowing requirements. Compared to other grasses, Tifway 419 grows more slowly, meaning you don’t have to spend as much time or effort keeping it trimmed.
If you’re looking for a beautiful lawn that won’t require too much work, consider giving Tifway 419 Bermuda grass a try! Call us today to schedule a free consultation.