What Kinds of Grass Should You Get?
There are several factors to consider when you’re thinking about which kind of grass to get.
- How much sun do you have?
- Can you get water out to it?
- Do you want grass growing in your lawn, or can you be patient and plant seeds?
- Is the area going to experience high volumes of foot traffic?
- Do you have pets?
- Would you prefer a softer grass, or something more durable?
- Is frequent lawn mowing going to be a problem, or do you want a slower growing grass?
In Hampton Roads, popular grass types include Zeon Zoysia grass which has a medium-to-fine texture; Bermuda grass which is very drought tolerant; Fescue grass which does well in shady areas; Centipede grass which requires low maintenance; St Augustine grass which is salt-tolerant and grows best in sunny areas. Depending on the type of lawn you desire, each type of grass will require different levels of care such as watering schedules, fertilization programs or pest control measures so it’s important to research what works best for your area before making a decision. With our expertise at United Turf, we can help you find the perfect turf solution for your home!
– Hampton Roads’s premier sod installation service
– High quality turf and grass varieties grown in perfect soil conditions
– Experienced professionals who know the best way to install your sod
– Cost effective solutions that save time and money
– Professionally maintained lawns that look beautiful all year long
– Quick turnaround from start to finish so you can enjoy your new lawn sooner
Types of grass we use
We pride ourselves in the quality of grass we use for our customers. We visit our suppliers to inspect their product and their process for growing sod, and we love these companies!
The types of grass we use are:
- Bermuda varieties
- Tifway 419
- Tahoma 31
- Zeon Zoysia
- Raleigh St. Augustine
There are lots of different variations within each larger family. Check out our types of grasses page to learn more about specific grass types we offer that will match your space.